accelerating the commercialization of lower-carbon technologies
call for entrepreneurs
The Chevron Studio Cohort 1 application period is now closed. Information about Cohort 2 will be released in the upcoming months.
Chevron Studio links entrepreneurs with national labs and universities to scale up and commercialize innovative, early-stage technologies that have the potential to enable a lower-carbon future.
The program supports entrepreneurs as they source and discover potential technologies and provides technical assistance to enable development and scaling through incubation and demonstration trials.
Chevron Studio is a partnership between Chevron Technology Ventures and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
how chevron studio works
- •Entrepreneurs engage with NREL to choose from a curated list of technologies from national labs and universities
- •Entrepreneurs pitch business and commercialization pathways to a steering committee
- •Entrepreneurs work with technologists to demonstrate the scalability of the technologies beyond the prototype stage
solutions toward a lower-carbon future
- •Carbon utilization
- •Hydrogen and renewable energy
- •Energy storage systems
- •Solutions for a circular economy
connecting to the world of innovation
Chevron Studio presents entrepreneurs with the opportunity to:
- •Work with leading scientists and technologists from national labs and universities to find solutions toward a lower-carbon future
- •Hone their entrepreneurial skills by evaluating and de-risking cutting-edge technologies and developing business acumen
- •Demonstrate their ability to scale up and commercialize technologies
- •Develop a wide network of technical and commercial subject matter experts within the innovation ecosystem