accelerating the commercialization of lower-carbon technologies
Chevron Studio links entrepreneurs with national labs and universities to scale up and commercialize innovative, early-stage technologies that have the potential to enable a lower-carbon future.
The program supports entrepreneurs as they source and discover potential technologies and provides technical assistance to enable development and scaling through incubation and demonstration trials.
Chevron Studio is a partnership between Chevron Technology Ventures and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
call for entrepreneurs
The application period for Cohort 3 is now closed. Applications for Cohort 4 will open in early February.
how chevron studio works
- •Entrepreneurs choose from a curated list of technologies from national labs and universities
- •Entrepreneurs pitch business and scale-up plans to a steering committee
- •Entrepreneurs work with technologists to demonstrate the scalability of the technologies beyond the prototype stage
solutions toward a lower-carbon future
Chevron Studio is initially focusing on the following areas of interest:
- •Carbon utilization
- •Hydrogen and renewable energy
- •Energy storage systems
- •Solutions for a circular economy
connecting to the world of innovation
Chevron Studio presents entrepreneurs with the opportunity to:
- •Work with leading scientists and technologists from national labs and universities to find solutions toward a lower-carbon future
- •Hone their entrepreneurial skills by evaluating and de-risking cutting-edge technologies and developing business acumen
- •Demonstrate their ability to scale up and commercialize technologies
- •Develop a wide network of technical and commercial subject matter experts within the innovation ecosystem